The 12,000 sf addition and renovation to a community art center on Marco Island included redesign of the entire site to make it pedestrian accessible.
New spaces are arranged around a raised, landscaped entry court that can be used as outdoor gathering space during fairs and fundraising events.
The clean, contemporary design serves to complement the art displayed and made within its walls.
Green Features of the project include:
- operable windows for fresh air
- deep overhangs to reduce heat gain
- high efficiency fluorescent lighting in studios
- use of recycled materials such as steel and linoleum flooring
- reuse of existing building within existing urban fabric